I have officially completed my first “pay period” and am settling into working. It is still really hard — waking up early, commuting into the city, working, and commuting back home is hard, and I have a new-found appreciation for working mothers who not only do all of what I am doing but care for and raise other human beings. Good gosh holy lord how is that even possible? Thank God I don’t have to deal with that anytime soon.
I started a few blogs over the last two weeks but never added them on here because (a) they were totally boring and (b) I was too tired. So here’s a bit of catching up for all of you who have been waiting on the edge of your seats to hear more about the life of me:
1. H is working working working on his MBA and is pretty impressive right now, so props to him.
2. I miss all of my friends and my life of hanging out that existed before I was working.
3. I went to Nashville for Labor Day Weekend and saw my parentals.
4. My KD girls in Jackson, TN had a fantastic recruitment turn-out on their Bid Day, and I was so excited to be there to see it and support them.
5. I spent some serious quality time with my besties in Jackson and caught up with two special special friends I don’t see often enough, and it made me feel really thankful to have such a fantastic relationship with them that I can be away for months/years and come back to a warm and happy conversation full of memories and sincerity.
6. I bought 4 new blazers for $12.48 at Goodwill, and I have been rocking them to work. They are seriously SUPER fashionable and also budget-friendly. My friend C took me “vintage” shopping for the first time a few weeks back (read about that adventure on U Street here on my companion DC travels blog), and I was surprised at how much a used blazer could cost. So, I applied my what-is-cool knowledge to the racks at Goodwill in Jackson TN, and found some seriously great pieces. I’ve already worn two of them to work.
7. I did not make dinner at all this entire week. I am so tired when I come home from work that I’m not even all that hungry, so I’m going to have to be more careful to get my vitamins and minerals in during my work-day.
And here are three random things to make this list a nice even 10:
8. Leo does not like my new work schedule at all and has been waking me up at all hours of the night to “play.” Not cool.
9. I have been debating between buying an ipad and a reader and I think I’ve decided I’d rather just have a computer and a book? But I’ll probably change my mind about 1,000,000 times between now and Christmas. I think I might wander into the apple store tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.
10. I want FRUIT LOOPS for dinner! But when I told H he said something lame like “We don’t have any Fruit Loops,” instead of something cool like “Hells yeah let’s have Fruit Loops for dinner.” So now I don’t know what we are having. Probably burgers or vegetables or something lame.